I almost entitled this “Beta-Reading: For Fun and Profit” but… I don’t usually profit. At least not monetarily. Anyhow, here's my technique for beta-reading that seems to keep my writing friends coming back for more.
- I can't skip line edits (easily)
- I'll tell you when my eyes glaze over
- I'll point out inconsitencies
- I'll say when you break my suspension of disbelief
- I'll applaud well-phrased sentences
6. I'll start talking to your characters (if you get me swept away)
Thanks for listening! I'll be back next Monday with more rambling ideas about writing.
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends and subscribe!
And I've got a pretty bad social media addiction...
Plus? Check out my podcast on ... oh wait. Hi.Support Writing Tips and Writerly Musings