There is a difference between an antagonist and a villain. Your story doesn’t need a villain. However, if you’re going to have one, you should have a memorable one
- Avoid Under-developed villains
- If you must use a cliche, add a twist
- Make sure your villain isn't underpowered
- Villains have flaws
- Villains don't have to be evil
- The villain doesn't have to be there in person
7. The villain can be representational
Thanks for listening! I'll be back next Monday with more rambling ideas about writing.
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends and subscribe!
And I've got a pretty bad social media addiction...
Plus? Check out my podcast on ... oh wait. Hi.Support Writing Tips and Writerly Musings